When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
SA Masthercell is a company incorporated under Belgian law with company number 0840.843.708 and headquarters located at 48 rue Auguste Piccard, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium (“Masthercell“), “we“, “us“, “our“) and is the data controller of your personal data.
We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data you provide to us or that we collect about you when you use our website www.masthercell.com (“website“), or when you otherwise interact with us. We are aware of our responsibilities to protect your personal data, to keep it secure and comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
You are informed of the terms of this Privacy Notice when using our website, registering for Masthercell’s events, newsletter, submitting your resumes, or otherwise corresponding with us via the website, emails or otherwise where required under applicable law.
Masthercell has appointed a data protection officer (Mr. François Pons, email@example.com).
Types of personal data we collect
Information you provide to us: we collect personal data (including where applicable sensitive personal data) you provide directly to us. This generally includes:
- your full name and professional contact information (email, address, telephone number…), social media website user account names, etc;
- if you are a natural person with whom commercial or other types of transactions are being carried out, your payment information where needed to process payments, which generally includes your banking details and, when relevant, credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number;
- job-search related information that generally includes educational and employment background, as well as your picture when attached to your resume; and
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
Information collected automatically when you use our website
On our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google“).
Google analyzes your use of our website on our behalf. The information collected by Google in connection with your use of our website (e.g. the referring URL, our webpages visited by you, your browser type, your language settings, your operating system, your screen resolution) will be transmitted to a server of Google in the US, where it will be stored and analyzed. The respective results will then be made available to us in anonymized form. Your usage data will not be connected to your full IP address during this process. Moreover, Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield, which ensures that an adequate level of data protection is maintained with respect to the processing of data by Google in the US.
In case you use our contact form to contact us through our website, your email and attached information (first name, last name, company, function, email address) will be stored for a period of 30 days on Mandrill application servers (for more information about Mandrill please visit the website http://mandrill.com).
When you use this website, a cookie may be placed within the memory of your internet access device. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store via your internet access device for later retrieval. We may use permanent cookies or server-side artifacts to help us track use of our services by users, including casual visitors to this website, such as, without limitation, the number and frequency of visits to our pages and which parts of this website are visited. Similarly, we may also collect IP addresses of users who visit this website, and use such information to, among other things, evaluate this website’s performance and service quality.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our website and services and keeping them safe and secure;
- your consent to the processing of your personal data, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of any sort of contract to which you are a party to or which applies to you, such as General Terms and Conditions, Service Agreement, License Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, etc…; and
- where the processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
Purposes of processing your personal data
We may use the personal data that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any type of contract entered into between you and us or generally speaking, to meet contractual obligations;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to our website and services’ terms, conditions, or policies;
- to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, payment reminders, alerting you if we need different or updated payment information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our website and services and customize your user experience;
- to inform you about important developments related to Masthercell (new strategic partnerships, press releases, important scientific breakthrough, etc);
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities or to comply with regulatory requirements or applicable law; and to allow you to apply for an open position within Masthercell or one of his affiliates through our website.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Recipients of your personal data
We may share your personal data:
- with any and all of Masthercell’s employees or consultants who need access to such information in order to carry out work or provide services on our behalf, whether in the framework of any sort of agreement between you and us or discussions related thereto;
- with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- in the case of any mergers or acquisitions; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
Overseas transfers of your personal data
Safe what is stated in the “Information collected automatically when you use our website” section of this Privacy Notice, your personal data will otherwise not be transferred to, accessed, or stored at, locations outside of the European Union. It will also not be accessed and processed by our personnel and the personnel of our partners, affiliates or third party service providers, who operate outside of European Union.
Retention of personal data
To the extent required by law, we take reasonable steps to destroy, or de-identify or redact, personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this Privacy Notice) and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Our commitment to data security
We have in place reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, disclosure, erasure, loss or use of your personal data and to keep your personal data confidential. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. To protect your personal data, we also require our third party service providers to take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data confidential and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of personal data, and to act at all times in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, apps, content, services or resources on the internet which are operated by third parties. If you access other websites, apps, content, services or resources using the links provided, please be aware they may have their own privacy notice/policy, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data which may be collected through these sites, or generally speaking for the content of such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
You are entitled to the following rights: right of access to the personal data we hold about you, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your personal right to data portability. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving our communications such as newsletter, or more generally to our processing of your personal data. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian supervisory authority in case you consider that your rights mentioned above have not (or insufficiently) been respected by us (www.dataprotectionauthority.be).
When processing your personal data, we do not proceed to any automated decision-making process or profiling.
Changes to the Privacy notice
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on our website so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use your personal data, and we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice whenever you access our website or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your personal data. Updated versions of this Privacy Notice will include the date of the revision at the end of this Privacy Notice so that you are able to check when the Privacy Notice was last amended. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Notice on our website. Use of the website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice then in effect.
This Privacy Notice is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium.
This Privacy Notice is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail.
Last Updated: July 20, 2018